Job Title: Rehabilitation Specialist
Program: Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program
Reports to: Deputy Director
Classification: W2, Non-Exempt
Last Update: August 2023
The Rehabilitation Specialist (RS) is responsible for overseeing the success of the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (PRP) and will support the Rehabilitation Counselors in all aspects of their day-to-day activities. This person will be the main point of contact for all counselors ensuring program execution, compliance and information.
- 1. Assures that the staff complies with program standards and regulations.
- 2. The RS will collaborate with the RC, therapist, and participant to create the individualized participant’s plan.
- 3. Plans, develops and maintains strategic alliances and relationships with other organizations that help drive referrals.
- 4. In collaboration with the Deputy Director and gaining staff feedback, implements programs, goals and plans, to strengthen the program standards.
- 5. Oversee, plan and oversee monthly group activities.
- 6. Educate direct staff on proper documentation, goals, and the Individual Rehabilitation Plan (IRP) and Individual Treatment Plan (ITRP).
- 7. Oversee and implement regulation changes that will impact operations as needed.
- 8. Assist in the preparation and submission of budget proposals/projects to Deputy Director
- 9. Submits expenses as established by the Program and follows the financial policies.
- 10. Create monthly client budget with RC
- 11. Assures service quality standards
- 12. Ensures all client documentation is complete, accurate and entered in a timely manner
- 13. Create data collection for qualitative and quantitative comparison of service needs with current services.
- 14. Collects and evaluates ongoing feedback from clients to comply with the program
- 15. Provides a staffing forecast on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- 16. Responsible for compliance related COMAR 10.21.17 and CARF accreditation
- 17. Represents L4L at Local Behavioral Health Authority monthly meeting and other meetings as requested by the state.
- 18. Participates in business events as needed.
- 19. Travel State-wide to other PRP locations as necessary.
- 20. Other duties as assigned
Competencies and Qualifications
- 1. Bachelor’s Degree
- 2. Two years’ direct care experience working with mental health diagnosis for youth and adults. Must be Licensed clinical professional or Certified Rehabilitation Practitioner.
- 3. Excellent ability to respond and work with individuals with serious emotional impairment or disorder
- 4. Ability to become proficient in L4L related technology
- 5. Proficiency in Microsoft: Excel, Word, Outlook
- 6. Ability to educate direct staff on matters related to their organizational tools
- 7. Ability to quickly and accurately problem solve and make sound recommendations
- 8. Keeps current in profession and obtains required certification or licenses
- 9. Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to interact professionally and comfortably with individuals at all levels
- 10. Self-motivated and proactive
- 11. Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition when relating to participants, employees and management
- 12. Maintains flexible and collaborative work ethic
- 13. Utilizes team approach
- 14. Commits to exceeding expectations
Physical Demands: This is mostly a sedentary role which may sit or use PC for long periods of time. Finger dexterity is needed for working with office technology. Bending, reaching, or stooping pulling and lifting up to 51 lbs. may be necessary for supplies or other office equipment or filing. Regularly uses the phone.
Working Conditions: The work environment is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also required to stand, walk and sit. While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be required to travel to different location.