Program Title: Mentoring Initiative (MI)
Position Title: Contractual Mentor
Location: Maryland State-wide
Reports to: Mentoring Program Manager
The Contractual Mentor (CM) is responsible for providing support to the program by working directly with designated participants to implement development goals that improve quality of life, help each participant gain positive competency skills, and works within the program and organizational policies.
Supports the Mentor Initiative, participants, and success of the program by executing the following:
- In collaboration with the participants implements programs, goals and plans, and recommends suggestions to assist participants with a higher level of functioning.
- Plans and implements learning opportunities for participants with a goal toward improving the performance and social interactions of program participants.
- Enhance life skills for participants to transition into adulthood successfully.
- Conducts learning related activities such as support groups, hands-on activities, exposure to new life experiences to enhance life, social, competency, and behavioral skills.
- Attends monthly company training and supervision as required.
- Collaborates with community partners to ensure adequate and appropriate programming is provided for participants.
- Complies with organization policy.
- Documentation as required by the organization in SharedVillage per interaction with participant.
- Attends professional development opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Five years’ experience working with emotionally challenged youth, adults, and the child welfare and/or criminal justice system.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Makes timely decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Demonstrate skills in positive communication in interactions with others
- Is considered and Innovative thinker and can think out of the box
- PRN per participant and per specified mentor program.